Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Everytime I install my wireless card my computer doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

crazychilean7

crazychilean7

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I've had a wireless card in my computer for about the past five years and never had any problems. About two months ago I got a virus on my external harddrive and ever since then my computer started restarting on its own. I did a system restore and put everything back to my factory settings and everything was working fine until I installed my wireless card. I've done about 3 System Restores always after I've taken my wireless card out and pinpointed that it is only when I re-install my wireless card that my computer starts shutting off and just restarting. I've tried two different wireless cards and tried installing both cards in my two open ports (can't remember what those slots are called). I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my motherboard or if its something else. Please help

Advertisements