Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

runtime error installing software,please help!

• Please log in to reply

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
hi,I recently tried to install pc wizard utility on my pc and during the install process got a runtime error.it was something to do with askbar.bmp,so I searched files and folders and deleted a couple of things to do with askbar but still kept getting this error.I then realised glary utilities asks if you would like to install askbar's toolbar so i uninstalled it and thought if I re-install it,i can install askbar to repair anything to do with it and remove askbar later...but when i went to install glary utilities i get the following runtime error > Runtime error (at 9:682):Cannot open file C:\DOCUME~1\ALLYBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-80H36.tmp\toolbar.bmp.I think it has something to do with the askbar toolbar that is causing this.please help!

Advertisements

Sometimes needs help

Sometimes needs help

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hello mrpooh3 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

I can tell that you are having problems with your temporary files.

First, let's use ATF-Cleaner click here to download it. Save it to your desktop so it's easy to get to.

Double click or open ATF-Cleaner once you open it you'll see:
Posted Image
Click "Select All" then click Empty Selected.

Download CCleaner click here to download the slim version (no toolbar included). Run/Open the installer and once you finish the installation go ahead and open it again.

When CCleaner is open you'll see:

Posted Image

Click "Analyze", once it's done Analyzing click "Run Cleaner".

Once it is done, try installing your application again.

-Sometimes Needs Help

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
hi there,thanks for replying! :) unfortunately that did'nt work,I am still getting the error message when trying to install :) I have absolutely no idea how to solve this.I am sure it has something to do with askbar toolbar.other software seems to install fine but pc wizard and glary utilities both give me runtimes when trying to install.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Let's look at this a different directions guys. Please do the following and let us know what you find.

Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Any entries for ask toolbar or anything about ask?
Post back with the results

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:
1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
hi rshaffer61,ty for the help also.my start ups are just the norm,my antivirus etc.however in the autoruns I deleted quite a few file not founds.I have zipped up the autoruns text for you and uploaded it.Attached File  AutoRuns.zip   17KB   281 downloads

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Open Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab, and UN-check:

+ "AntiLogger" Not sure what this is so if it is needed then skip it
+ "HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk"
+ "Free Download Manager" If this is for the Internet it does not need to autorun.

When done restart computer and then:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:
It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
hi,I didn't remove zemanas anti-logger but removed the others.Everything went smooth,the PC is even running a bit faster :) should I try to install glary utilities yet?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

hi,I didn't remove zemanas anti-logger but removed the others.Everything went smooth,the PC is even running a bit faster :) should I try to install glary utilities yet?

NO
This is a miracle fix all program and I can guarantee it will cause more problems then it will ever fix. If you are having issues let me know and I will try to help with them. Please don't use these types of programs and they can and most likely will alter your registry which will and can render your system useless.

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
Thoses were really the only issues I was having...unable to install glary utilities and PC wizard due to runtimes.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK so everything is now running correctly and to your satisfaction? Please let me know and we can continue if needed. :) :) :)

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
:) yes,everything seems to be running fine now.many thanks for taking the time to help me out.it is greatly appreciated,thanks. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us all to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible