Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing a ATI Graphics card, Screen

• Please log in to reply

Alaster

Alaster

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Recently, I had a bad harddrive, which i replaced. Went out to buy another SATA Hard drive and Windows 7. Then, I plugged in my video card ATI Radeon 2400 PRO and configured the bios and stuff. Now when i use the Graphics card, it makes weird bars and colors and i can only boot in safemode. Tried installing drivers from ati, still doesnt work. It only doesnt work right when I use the graphics card. When i plug in the VGA which is integrated into the Motherboard it works. Whats wrong?

Advertisements

dave04045

dave04045

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Well, can you give me some more information about your PC? Have you disabled the onboard video?

Alaster

Alaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Well, can you give me some more information about your PC? Have you disabled the onboard video?

No how would i do that?