Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP LAPTOP TOUCHPAD STOPPED WORKING

• Please log in to reply

blauvelt70

blauvelt70

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My daughter was on my laptop today and apparently the touchpad stopped working so she banged on it!!! And it doesn't work at all now. The blue light is lit but none of the buttons on the touchpad work.
I have tried everything, restore, driver the one thing I cannot fix is in device settings there is nothing there in some troubleshooting I have read it states to go to mouse, device settings and i will see synapsics but it's not there, there is nothing there. I have to use a mouse.

please help can it be the hardware? :)

Edited by blauvelt70, 27 November 2009 - 12:37 AM.

Advertisements

Sometimes needs help

Sometimes needs help

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Under mouse options is your touch pad enabled? Do you have a TouchPad tab on Mouse from the control panel?

If you don't, you might have accidently removed the program or the driver needs to be updated or re-installed. There should be a system disk with your notebook. Wait until you are well into your desktop before inserting the disk, otherwise if you insert the disk at start-up you might erase your hard drive. Your drivers will be on that disk, otherwise you can try to update your driver through the Device Manager, which I've had no results from without the disk.

Let Me know
-Sometimes Needs Help

barry3652

barry3652

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi blauvelt70.
Just a thought but have you tried turning it on/off with the function key?