Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java Installation

• Please log in to reply

agy

agy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi

I need some help with Java apparently I have a problem or a corrupt file

http://www.geekstogo...22#entry1677722

Apparently Java is not installed in my pc. I search for it under control panel add and remove programs and I couldn’t find it. Thus I searched for Java folder and I found it. I followed the instructions from Java site as to how uninstall and delete the files and every time I attempt to delete the file, my pc shut down with a screen system error that the computer needs to shout down to prevent damage.

I am wondering if I have something hiding under my java file? Any ideas

Also every time I tried to install jre-6u17-windows-i586.exe I get an error unzipping core files failed and the program shutdown

kahdah
View Member Profile Add as Friend Send Message Find Member's Topics Find Member's Posts Nov 6 2009, 05:52 AM Post #21

GeekU Teacher

Hmm yes there may be a problem with some file corruption if it does that.
No nothing is hiding I can assure you that this is not a malaware problem.
Java can cause a lot of problems if it is corrupted,as could any program.
If it is not installed then don't install it.
I saw java bits in your log that is why I recommended you update it.
but if you do not use it then don't install it.

If you wish to figure the matter out then I suggest posting a new topic in the applications forum where they will be able to help you with that:
That forum can be found here :

Advertisements