Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ISO XP

• Please log in to reply

i0vvny0u

i0vvny0u

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
hey everyone! noob action me back again =]

i have a windows xp sp 3 along with the key code, i was wondering if i were to burn the iso image onto a cd, will i be able to do a clean install from the cd? the desktop i want to do this on is running on windows 2000. the desktop's hardware was currently upgraded from a friend of mine so we know it will reach the requirements for installation, i just dont know if we will be able to install the windows xp from the cd with the iso image on it. :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Where did the iso and the key code come from?

i0vvny0u

i0vvny0u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i got the iso and keycode from MSDNAA...its a website i got from my school to get some software

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

i was wondering if i were to burn the iso image onto a cd, will i be able to do a clean install from the cd?

Sure thing. Just make bootable CD, using ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.c...hp?act=download

i0vvny0u

i0vvny0u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
oh ok, thnk you broni for all your help :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)