Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I set my listen port?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

skeptik

skeptik

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have a netgear router, model wpn824v2 on a windows vista laptop, hp pavilion dv6810us

The internet works fine on my computer. If I download something, it downloads fast. As far as I know, I don't have any firewalls and I use AVG antivirus

I am especially trying to use utorrent. When I first bought the computer and started it, the ports were fine. I had to completely restore the computer and when I did, for some reason, the ports started giving me problems.

I tried using portforward.com for help but I just keep getting very confused.

Not to mention, everytime I try to access my router webpage (192.169.1.1) none of the user names and passwords work, and I never changed it so I can never log in to complete that step.

I downloaded PFConfig but turns out it's not a free program so I'm stuck.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Advertisements

SandV4

SandV4

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Contents deleted.

skeptik

skeptik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Contents deleted.

Edited by JSntgRvr, 29 November 2009 - 06:22 PM.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Sorry, but we will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

Thanks for understanding.