Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MW2 PC

• Please log in to reply

MalwareBeGone

MalwareBeGone

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Before it was released it was made out to be a terrible PC game. No dedicated servers, no command console, host lag etc.
Now that it has been released, what do you think about MW2 (PC).

Edited by MalwareBeGone, 28 November 2009 - 09:14 PM.

Advertisements

Master of the Jedi

Master of the Jedi

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Im not a fan of Perks or MW I still like the old CoD2 stuff.
But WM2 looks good.

flashn00b

flashn00b

• Pip
  • 6 posts
The singleplayer is short, but epic. Multiplayer is another story: Due to the lack of dedicated servers, cheaters will have a two week killing spree before they get banned, and you might have a game that might be hosted by a slow or virused system.

I miss being able to lean.

Araxathan

Araxathan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Its considerably good in the sense of the single player but I am an original CoD player and I do enjoy the WWII part of the series more than I do MW so I suppose my thought on the game vary.

foteye

foteye

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I quite liked it. I've played it for both PS3 and PC, and yes, cheating is inevitable, but that shouldn't ruin an epic game. Personally, I think singleplayer should be able to stand up on its own without multiplayer, multiplayer being the nice addon, not the other way around. So I won't talk about the multiplayer.

Very short, almost Halo short. I have realised that Infinity Ward hate the player.
Spoiler

But I very much enjoyed the finite amount of enemies. Call of Duty 4 failed in that respect, where the inevitable camping and occasionally shooting was not an option, where your position would be flooded with enemies and grenades almost instantaneously. Leaning is now gone for the PC (non existant ever on the console) which can lead to getting shot quite easily when trying to take a few pot shots at a group a bit further up.

The additions and removals of certain weapons I very much liked in comparison to COD 4. For example the addition of the Javelin, Stinger and AT4 as opposed to the classic RPG-7 which could go anywhere, really help taking out enemy helicopters. I enjoyed in the Campaign using the Predator Missile for the sole reason that watching little red squares dissapear on a black and white screen is quite amusing. That being said, I like tetris for the same reason.

I much enjoyed the thermal optics and the ability to customize your weapon further, and without it becoming a Crysis: Warhead style weapon where you can equip silencer, extended magazines, optical scope, laser sight and cola vending machine on the weapon as long as you have seen somebody else use it. I didn't like the riot shield for the reason that the enemy has it and can shoot, I can not. However it did prove very useful.

The only part of the campaign that I thought really let down the realism they were supposed to show were the two missions where you get to ride around in a snowmobile and boat. This boat was made out of plastic. Pretty much like an air boat. I remember being shot at. Why didn't the boat pop, and on that note why didnt the enemy boats pop when I shot them?

Ah yes finally the story. I very much like the story of it, leading off from being the faceless Soap McTavish the FNG or Private Paul Jackson, to now Gary 'Roach' Sanderson (RIP) or Private Joseph Allen (RIP) or James Ramirez. The plot twists and the return of my favourite character Gaz as the similar sounding Simon 'Ghost' Riley. They were indeed similar. They both have a coincedental tendency to get shot with a high-caliber pistol on Day 6.

So thats my take on the new call of duty. Hope I didn't strain your eyes reading, I just thought I'd go through anything that came to mind :)