Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't fix THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

• Please log in to reply

JordanSinister

JordanSinister

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello. My PC: ABIT NF7-S2G, AMD Sempron, 1GB DDR400, GeForce MX 4000, WinXP Pro SP2.

I recently starting getting the Windows box that generically says "Windows has recovered from a serious error". If I Send Report then it takes me to this page ( http://oca.microsoft...e2120554&SID=11 ) about the error STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER . Because I have to link to the page for this error, I don't know if it is the actual error that I am experiencing or just a relation.

So, I've updated my drivers from GeForce and ABIT, and run Ad-Aware, Norton AV, and Ewido Suite Plus to remove any malware and such, which there was a small amount of but they were easily fixed. I've changed my BIOS to Disable Fast Write for my AGP. I even changed my Hardware Acceleration to None. None of these things has prevented the error message. If I click Don'T Send on the error message, it continues to popup in a second, every time. Obviously, I have no idea how to identify this problem in more detail and fix it.

One more thing. I'm not sure if this is related, but this error appeared for the first time when WinXP asked me for the first time to activate Windows within 7 days. This happens every time I start Windows now. When I click OK to activate, it says Windows is already activated, which I already knew. I don't know if this is a related problem, but any advice about fixing this as well would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Advertisements