Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't remove microsoft IME

• Please log in to reply

thementor5

thementor5

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Recently, a small toolbox that looks like microsoft IME appeared on my desktop and is not going away.
It looks like this.

Posted Image

I don't know how to remove it.It apparently helps you type in Chinese. I have never downloaded this before. It came with the computer when I reinstalled windows in the past. Also, In the past, when this toolbox appeared,I pressed crtl + space, and it toggled off. It doens't work anymore. 

I tried going to control panel; regional language options; languages; details;, and found that there is something called Chinese (PRC) - Chinese (Simplified) - Quanpin.
I can't remove it. I'm not sure, but it might be the culprit?

If someone can tell me how to remove it, or toggle it off, that'd be great. Thanks

Edited by thementor5, 29 November 2009 - 12:09 PM.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
And what are you trying to tell us???

thementor5

thementor5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I wanted to know how to remove the toolbox, but I figured it out.
Thanks anyways.