Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rattling noise when PC is powered on

• Please log in to reply

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
That is exactly the same case.I switched on my PC tonight however and the noise was there again.I found out where it seems to be coming from.The noise was coming from the power supply.It is an ATX 450 PSU.The fan on the PSU seems to be working fine though :) The front fan started to work after I blew some dust away aswell but it looks to be loose and is going very slowly and compared with the side fan,it also ocassionally buzzes(I am going to replace it).The fan is screwed in from the front and even if I remove the HD I won't get access unless I completely remove the plastic front Panel.I have found 4 screws inside the case which appear to be the front panel screws so I may get access after all.Back to the PSU...should I replace it?

Advertisements

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Yes! You need to replace the PSU. If it's making the noises, that's a bad sign. You can check out www.newegg.com they have a good deal on their PSU.

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
I'm glad I found out where the problem was...thanks for all the help guys! :)