Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't move files between hard drives or move icons

• Please log in to reply

Redhawk99

Redhawk99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Alright, file backup accomplished. The next task: seeing if I can knock out whatever virus caused this by scanning the Windows partition from Linux. I understand that clamav can do this, any experience with that program or other attempts to scan for viruses in Windows? I'm still learning how to install and run programs in Linux so I may have some questions about that this evening when I'm back on my home computer.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok the problem is that the scans and programs the malware folks use are geared more toward a windows platform as Linux does not have the problem with virus's. You can't make changes to the Puppy OS since you are running it through the live Cd.
The other issue is that Linux does not use EXE files per say. You would need a 3rd party emulator type rogram to use those types of files.