Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help save documents

• Please log in to reply

unclearpine12

unclearpine12

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Scaned comp with malware something and it said that it found 4 bad things so i deleted
them amd then it said it had to restart comp .Well that was the last time it ran win XP .I tried to repair it ? then I ran the linux to try to save my pics and stuff and I can't find my window documents on the HD .I think I need help to fix this thing
Thx

Advertisements

unclearpine12

unclearpine12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok now that I am in linux I can mount my hard drive but I see only 127.5G and its a 320G .Is there someway to mount the complete HD to find the stuff I need on it?I think that it has partition I don't know how to deal with.
THX

unclearpine12

unclearpine12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well let me tell you how this started. One night at around 2:30 in the morning my computer that is on but had nothing open came on, the speakers what sounded like a cut from a movie, it was some dialog anyhow that lasted less then one minute. I ran downstairs but it had stopped, the computer still had nothing running when I got to it. I laid on the sofa and fell asleep. One hour later the same thing came on the computer again, I was able to get to it and the screen was black. I shook the mouse and nothing was on the screen. I did a search *.* and found that my Bell security-antivirus was the only thing that had run for less then one minute each hour. I think that it was updating. Well I scanned the computer with the Bell antivirus and it found nothing then spybot then adaware still nothing. I have a program called malwarebytes I think that I used to get rid of 2009 antivirus about 3 months ago so I ran that and it found 4 things, I deleted them and it said that it needed to restart for the changes to take place. That was the last time that my windows XP ran, I tried to install windows over the old and it didn't work so now I have puppy linux in there to try to save my sons wedding pictures and other stuff. I have a 320 G HD and I can see a almost empty 127G HD. Is there some way to see the other stuff on the HD? I hope it is still there .