Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Image goes blank or reverts back to its original state after editing?

• Please log in to reply

Anna6642

Anna6642

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a B&W drawing that I have had scanned in for me by my boyfriend at work. He emailed me the drawing as a JPEG and it was really good quality except the lines were grey instead of black. I opened the image up in Microsoft Picture Manager and made the lines black, hit save..."File is open in another program". Errm...No it isn't. I double checked, nothing has it open so I hit try again. It thought about it for a while and saved but the image went blank...I tried upping the brightness, nothing. It's just a white blank now. Luckily I had backups but nothing is working! I tried opening it up in photoshop and changing the lines, it just saves it and the lines go grey again. I've tried exporting it, exporting as a different format, save as, save all...everything.

What is wrong with this picture and why won't it save or allow me to edit it???

I've tested some other photos and they edit perfectly fine in both programs so it's just this drawing. We have also tried putting the drawing onto a different laptop and another computer and it still won't let us edit it. What is going on???

Does anybody have any ideas?? It's really bugging me and this drawing is really important as it's part of my university assignment.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anna xxx

Advertisements