Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with a 2D VB/Flash Game

• Please log in to reply

Gwalchgwyn

Gwalchgwyn

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
This has been edited from my original idea, as upon reflection it had a major flaw in it.

For my A Level ICT project this year i have to design, program and produce a learning game using VB/Flash.

I had chosen to do a 2D medieval arena fighting game where in which you make your character, chose all the body parts, hair colours, armour, swords etc... It is similar to the flash game Swords & Sandals or Adventure Quest. The game itself is made on VB forms (yes i know it sounds like it'll look cheap but tough) where i would prefer that the fighting part be done in flash. Anyway,all of your body parts, armour, weapons etc... are stored in an access database as OLE objects (all the diffrent things are bitmap images).

I have three questions:
How do you run a flash movie in a seperate window from a button on a VB form?

How do you get a placeholder image in flash?

How do you get a bitmap image from a access database into a placeholder?

I would attach my designs to this post but this msgboard doesn't seem to agree with uploading any type of file :/

Edited by Gwalchgwyn, 05 December 2009 - 04:50 PM.

Advertisements

Gwalchgwyn

Gwalchgwyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Anyone? :S

presentfactory

presentfactory

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I has teh same question :| Noone helps us. :)