Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide did not fix the problem

• Please log in to reply

GinLA

GinLA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I started searching for a way to fix my computer because it recently started freezing without any real indication of why. I'm almost certain that my computer is infected with some Spyware and it has been so for at least two weeks. I downloaded Spyware Terminator about a week ago and that seemed to fix the problem for a while but recently it got worse so I performed every point on your Guide and so far it has not improved my situation. I was told to post the results of various tests from the guide I have them if needed.

O yeah I could not perform and MBAM (scan, etc.) because I would start the program, start the scan, and after a second or so the program would close and from then on I'd be unable to reopen the program again. I tried changing the name of the program/setup as the guide mentioned but to no avail. I will attempt to post exactly what the error says but my computer my freeze.

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item."

I'm the admin for my computer.

I want to mention that also I've tried to start my computer in Safe Mode to possibly use System Restore to an earlier point but I cannot get into Safe Mode at all, I figure its just another symptom.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by GinLA, 01 December 2009 - 08:49 PM.

Advertisements