Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Got a virus, saying its worm.win32.netsky

• Please log in to reply

Crowe101

Crowe101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently got attacked by a virus claiming to be worm.win32.netsky. Upon a reboot, an error told me i was infected with that, don't know if its true or not. I had errors saying "bad image", and i have the huge desktop background saying my system is infected. I also can't launch my system in safe mode. With or without networking. I then ran an AV program, and it found stuff that i deleted. It stopped the bombardment of "bad image" errors, and it got rid of the desktop background. Yet for some reason around all my desktop icons theres a trim of blue from the warning desktop background. Heres the big thing. My computer was still sluggish and i still couldn't launch in safemode, so i new i still had something lurking on the system. I started googling info, and then it completely cut off my internet. I can't access firefox, ie, aim, steam, none of my programs that require a net connection. I tried ctrl+alt+delete and under networking, it says "no net adapters found". Yet in my internet options, under status it says my connections running at 100mbps. However, its not showing any packets. I know its not my net because i'm using it now on my old pc, plus my xbox live still works. I tried rebooting my modem, all that jazz, its definitely not my isp. Lastly, i was ready fully to do a system restore to an earlier date, but that didn't work either. Says its unable. I was going to reformat completely, but i seem to have lost my windows disks when i moved recently. Its either get rid of it, or buy a new copy. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Oh, i forgot to mention. I read about using hijackthis, but since its blocking the net, i can't download it.

Edited by Crowe101, 02 December 2009 - 02:06 AM.

Advertisements