Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yahoo mail under attack.

• Please log in to reply

chubb3g114

chubb3g114

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi
About 4 months ago my yahoo e-mail address list was hacked from my computer (running XP.Pro) and an e-mail was sent to all the addresses lifted saying I endorse a certain Chinese web site. I sent an e-mail to all the addesses saying my address list was stolen and the site was crap and if you bought anything from this site you want your head examined.
Since then I have received about 20 to 30 e-mails every day from MAILER-DAEMON@ stating "failure notice" along with a few other adresses all stating "Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address."
I have tried blocking the address on yahoo mail options but it keeps being removed from the list. Any help removing this annoying bugger please.
Chubb3g114 :)

Advertisements

ItsJJStyles

ItsJJStyles

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hey there Chubb and welcome to Geeks To Go!

Head over here and open a new thread in the malware form, you may have some nasties!

There's always a chance that it isn't malware, in which case I have a few questions to ask.
1) Have you changed your password since your account got hacked?
2) Do you use the webmail interface, or do you use Outlook or some other similar email application?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

chubb3g114

chubb3g114

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi rshaffer61, thanks for your reply.
Have run all the steps except combofix and I am still getting the e-mails, have attached logs from the programmes used.

Chubb3g114

Attached File  RootRepeal.txt   3.64KB   287 downloads

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
@chubb3g144

This is the wrong forum to post the malware logs... :)

Please click -->>HERE and post a new reply there...

One of our experts will be with you in a while... :)

Also about COMBOFIX... We do not ask you to run combofix in the malware removal guide... Combofix should only be used with the direction of an expert trained in its proper use... The program can be very dangerous to your computer if used improperly... :)

Good luck :)

chubb3g114

chubb3g114

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi cbarnard
I don't want to sound ungrateful but I posted my problem in this forum because it's about e-mails. The first reply told me to post it in the malware forum which I did and it has been ignored, the second reply told me to go to the malware removal and spyware removal forum and run all the steps there and if I still have a problem to please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).Which is what I have done.

Chubb3g114 :)

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

I don't want to sound ungrateful but I posted my problem in this forum because it's about e-mails. The first reply told me to post it in the malware forum which I did and it has been ignored, the second reply told me to go to the malware removal and spyware removal forum and run all the steps there and if I still have a problem to please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).Which is what I have done.

I understand that some of the info you have recieved is somewhat confusing... I'm sorry.

I also understand that you are trying to keep your problem in the thread that makes the most sense... Thank you...
The only problem is most likely you have an infection of some kind... The only place here at geeks to go, to discuss and get assistance with malware is in the malware forum... Only the experts\helpers are allowed to assist someone with malware problems, Due to the reprecussions of someone "untrained" helping and then "hurting\losing" someone elses "computer\data."

I have looked at your thread in the malware forum... The way our forum works (for malware) You go through the malware\spyware cleaning guide... Then you make a new topic in the malware forum... There were 4 logs that should have been created when you performed the steps in the cleaning guide. You need to go back to your thread "in the malware forum" and edit it to include the 4 logs as requested...
The information you posted to your malware thread doesn't give enough information to help you...

Also understand that it seems you were ignored. Everyone here are volunteers. And each person has their own "area" of expertise. What you need to do is:
1. edit your post to include the
A. MBAM log
B. RootRepeal log
C. OTL log
D. OTL extras log
2. Click here -->> The Waiting Room
Post a New Topic here this is where the staff look to find people that have been over looked... Please include a link to your topic in the malware forum... Again I'm sorry you were overlooked... But the malware forum is the busiest place in Geeks to go... If after you have been assisted by our malware staff and they deem you clean then "return to this thread and our "tech" staff will be happy to help you...

Have a great day, and good luck