Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cpu problem?

• Please log in to reply

angelslacker

angelslacker

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
what's wrong with my cpu? i was surfing the net last night when suddenly the monitor changed its color~ then i shut the pc down and when i tried to open it again it wont open...

it can't be the monitor because i tried a different cpu and it worked and i also tried a different monitor using my cpu and the same result it wont open...

Advertisements

LINKUP20GS

LINKUP20GS

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
What exactly do you mean "it won't open" I'm assuming you mean it will not power up? or does it power up and you get no flash screen? do you get any error messages if it does power up? do you have onboard video or a graphics card? From the very first thing you said and with the limited info let's guess first that it's your graphics card or integrated video at fault. if it's onboard try a graphics card if i'ts a graphics card try it in your other computer if it works there then your one step closer to figuring it out if it doesn't then you figured it out.
your friend in tech "da missing link"`

Edited by LINKUP20GS, 16 May 2005 - 06:36 PM.

angelslacker

angelslacker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
it doesn't power up... nothing flashes on the monitor but the lights on the cpu are on... i can o pen the dvd-rom & cd-rom

dauthimaster

dauthimaster

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
u have a video card problem, do u have onboard video, or a graphics card?

angelslacker

angelslacker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i don't know, i'm not sure w/c one i have... how will i know if i have the onboard video or the graphics card?!

Edited by angelslacker, 18 May 2005 - 01:28 AM.

angelslacker

angelslacker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i don't know, i'm not sure w/c one i have... how will i know if i have the onboard video or the graphics card?!

angelslacker

angelslacker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
it's all ok now~ someone can close this topic... thanks anyway.