Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

LogonUI.exe problem

• Please log in to reply

soonerfan78

soonerfan78

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am getting this error message. I have tried the repair option from my vista disk and that did not work.

C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_mocrosoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.6001.18000_none_5cdbaa5a083979cc\COMCTL32.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error . Try installing the program again using the original instillation media or contact your system admininstrator or the software vendor for support.

I was also going to try another option that was having me sign in as administrator but I dont know what the password is. I am pretty computer naive but any help I can get would be appreciated!

soonerfan78

ok figured out how to attach a screen shot of the error message , it is attached

I also cant use it at all, am posting this from my laptop.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG00854_1_.jpg

Edited by soonerfan78, 05 December 2009 - 12:08 AM.

Advertisement