Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up Wireless with Netgear DG834g v2

• Please log in to reply

mrtypr

mrtypr

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi guys im tryin to set up wireless with this router I have had for a few years..

Sorry if this is a easy and silly post but I dont have much experience in wireless

its a Netgear DG834g v2 with latest firmware, Its definently a wireless router as well

Now I had to buy another anetenna to plug in the back because i lost the orginal one. I could only get a TP link brand type and was told by it should still work

Now the router is currently wired connected to my main PC and the internet works fine. I am only having troubles with the wireless. Im trying to get a wireless connect to connect to my laptop

My laptop is running Windows 7 Pro edition 32bit and it can sometimes detects a NETGEAR wireless connection, but when I try to connect to it, it always fails to connect

There is also no Wireless light on, on the router itself. I logged into my router settings and looked up some stuff online and I noticed that the settings page that I have does not have a wireless set up section like the ones i checked online. SO i dont know whats going on with that. I have posted 2 screen shots of what I mean by that

I rung NETGEAR and they wanted to charge me $4O for help... stuff that ! so I come here

If anyone can help me i would be grateful thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• wireless.jpg

Advertisements

mrtypr

mrtypr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Heres my other screenshot

Attached Thumbnails

• cap_20025.jpg

mrtypr

mrtypr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
ok did some more searching online meanwhile and i think i found my wireless setup page

I attached that to..

But still no Wireless light ? And still cannot connect

Attached Thumbnails

• wireless_setup.jpg

Edited by mrtypr, 05 December 2009 - 11:47 PM.

o_bounce_o

o_bounce_o

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi.

I have the exact same issue. Does anyone have a resolution for this?

thanks in advance

o_bounce_o

o_bounce_o

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I done some more research on this. It seams, sometimes if you drop the router, the device inside that controls the wireless becomes slightly dislodged. I just opened my router up, the screws are under the rubber feet. There is a wire leading from the antenna connector to the wireless device. It sort of looks like a giant sim card slot. I just took it out and placed it back in, making sure it was secure and it is now working 100%. Once this is done, going to the router homepage brings up the wireless settings.