Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firmware problem

• Please log in to reply

drakken

drakken

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi

I have a netgear dm111p v2 and during a firmware upgrade the power went out in my house (awesome timing). Now nothing works on it. When it boots up the power light flashes green and red. I've pressed the reset button at the back and nothing happens. I can't log into it using it ip address. The network symbol say it can't find an address. I rang tech support the after telling me to do all the things I already did they said it under warranty and to send it in. Only problem is, I don't have the recept

I just want to know is there any hope. Can I force it back to default settings or hack into it or is it now a doorstop?

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
It'll be a doorstop. How would you perform if somebody upgraded your brain, for example, then there was a power cut. I don't think you'd work would you? :)

You can try seeking for the receipt to send it back but upgrading the firmware and then having a power cut in the middle of it may be classed as user damage due to lack of precautions to ensure the upgrade completes. But as you don't have the receipt it doesn't really matter anyway.

drakken

drakken

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Looks like I'm on the market for a new modem. I don't know what to get. I play the ps3 online alot and I had a d-link but I didn't have anything but trouble with it. Kept cutting out. Probably looking at another netgear but if anyone can suggest something better without gaming lag that would be awesome.