Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spyware that changes dial up connection data [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

-_TAG_-

-_TAG_-

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I'm Brazilian, cant speak english very well.

A friend of mine( really, its not me!) has entered in a [bleep] site. When he re started his computer, it had some icons on the desktop. He deleted.

So he was going to connect on the internet, via dial up, when he realized his username had been changed to an IP number, and the phone number of the server had been changed to a internacional phone number ! So he didnt connected ...

but he's really freaking out with the possibity that the computer had connected in a hidden mode to this internacional "server" and it may come in his phone bill.

Is that possible?
Is there a spyware that acts this way?

Please, give me some information!

Thanks guys

Edited by -_TAG_-, 16 May 2005 - 08:52 PM.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

We need a HijackThis log from your friend's computer. But before you do that, read the first link below in my signature (Read here before posting...). Follow the steps there and then post the HijackThis log here.

It can be spyware or more likely a trojan that's doing this. Yes, some are notorious for dialing international numbers and raking up your phone bill.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.