Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Complaints Begin

• Please log in to reply

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
But once the kinks are worked out, customers are liking Windows 7 a lot more than Vista

Read more...

Advertisements

Kyleweatherly93

Kyleweatherly93

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I did like the new features in windows 7. Although in my opinion its still to much like vista. Im going to stick with xp

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
It is so much more improved then Vista, I could never switch back to Vista on my Desktop. 7 is just so clean and awesome. I did have a problem upgrading though. I couldn't upgrade. It blue-screened me so I had to do a clean install which was probably a good idea anyway.

Kyleweatherly93

Kyleweatherly93

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
i have herd things about how the upgrade rather then clean install can cause registry errs with boot. id rec amend a clean install

Cl455icCh4o5

Cl455icCh4o5

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
most people are hung up on xp, windows seven is faster and easier to use its a complete ergonomic package.
i've used it since it came out and trying to use xp is becoming harder now, little things like shortcuts, video playback, quick start and the gadget bar make xp seem caveman like in comparison.
the one thing that can be annoying is during a new installation it takes its time for no apparent reason, this has happened on five seperate machines, although if for any reason you need to re-install it again it goes quite fast????

twit

twit

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My teacher was Beta testing Seven for Microsoft and gave me a VAIO with the licensed version installed as the OS. It seems like the love-child of XP and Vista. The stability of XP (not in my case) with the look of Vista. I ended up having to uninstall it.. In my case their were just to many crashes and bugs that I could not fix.... No drivers were available yet for my PC for Seven and so I was stuck with my old reliable XP again. I like the look and feel of Seven and how the tools for the user are far more accessible and easier to use. Seven tends to hold the users hand and walk them through even the simplest of things like adjusting monitor settings. I'm anxious to see how stable it proves to be in the long run however since most standard users are forever adding and removing programs and files :) .
The downside of 7 ? : In my opinion it's going to far with the excess crap.

RuleOfGame

RuleOfGame

• Pip
  • 1 posts
windows 7 - really fine, pretty and fast OS. I like it even more than XP.

JJR96x

JJR96x

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

customers are liking Windows 7 a lot more than Vista

I'm sure they are, Vista sucks, terribly easy to get viruses and much slower.
I just upgraded to 7 just a week ago.

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
My opinion in blog form... Processing Paprocki

:)