Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No video singal after a while

• Please log in to reply

help_me_pls

help_me_pls

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi all

I'm trying to revive my old PC having the following specs. incl. some spare parts.

Mobo: ASUS P4V8X-X
BIOS: 1009.006
PSU: Sum-Vision 500W or I-CHIA 300W
Proc: Intel P4 2.8GHz
RAM: 512MB x1 & 1024MB x1, both PC3200
HDD: Samsung 120GB
GPU: Gainward GF 7600GT or ATI Radeon 9250

The Problem
Actually the mobo has a problem reading the DIMM sticks. ie form 3 slots it only reads from one of them and if and only if there is a stick inserted in the other otherwise it will fail at POST. Having said that, the actual problem is related to the video out. When I boot in either OS after some time eg 15mins (and this is not constant) the monitor shows no signal but the PC still respond (eg num lock works, shut down works, ...). I've tried to change the PSU and GPU but still no luck. Now while it was booting in XP it showed the fatal error which I've attached. I rebooted and the fatal error didn't show up but the no signal problem is still there.

I think that the mobo is out of business :) The last step which I'm considering is to update the BIOS.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails

• 111220091423.jpg

Edited by help_me_pls, 17 December 2009 - 04:01 AM.

Advertisements

help_me_pls

help_me_pls

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi all

Just to say that the problem was solved but the strange thing is that I don't know how it was solved :)

After I've run the Windows Memory diagnostic tool the RAM was being read in full and from that point onwards no problems popped out.

Nevertheless Thanks and Merry Christmas to all
Cheers
hmp