Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spoof trojan warning

• Please log in to reply

technodummy

technodummy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. Twice in the last 2 days I've had popup warnings of multiple infections that were not generated by my virus program. At the time this happened everything froze. I couldn't shut down my connection,access my virus program or task manager,or even turn off my computer. I did it manually and the first time It seemed to work. Last nightI apparently couldn't stop it in time though, because I could barely log on to my computer today and everything is opening and running at a snails pace if it opens or runs at all. A friend advised HiJack This but I'm afraid of doing anything for fear I'll do more damage than good. I use my computer for gaming,social networking and creating objects for The Sims. If I were to lose anything related to any of those hobbies it would just be a large rather ugly paperweight!
I ran HiJack and saved a log,but I have no idea what is and isn't supposed to be there. Is there a safer yet effective alternative? I've done a defrag,disk check, disk cleanup, emptied my browser cache,temp files,prefetch and all that. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo. :)

My name is Cbarnard

It appears you may have a Malware problem...

Please click --> HERE

That guide will help you remove 70% of your problems...

Then please click --> HERE

That is the forum for infections. Please post a NEW TOPIC in that forum.

Please remember to copy and paste the requested logs in your reply. Especially the OTListIt log...

Thank you and good luck :)

technodummy

technodummy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'll do that,thank you so much for your help!

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
No Problem Good luck

Just remember to read the instructions and follow them: We will be able to help you faster that way...

Have a great day!!!