Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound windows 7

• Please log in to reply

dgenerationx

dgenerationx

• Pip
  • 8 posts
cant hear the sound. the computer plays the sound but cant hear it streaming through the headset or speakers. the sound is not muted i have realtek high definition ac97 for my windows 7 ultimate computer. i downloaded the audio codecs up dated the sound driver and also uninstalled it. my computer is a pentium d hardrive with 1 gb ram windows 7 ultimate. plz if u can help i would realy much apreciate it :)

Advertisements

pspuser007

pspuser007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
When you say that the computer plays the sound what do you mean?

In example if you load a song at Windows Media Player you can see that the song is played but you cannot listen to it from your speakers?

dgenerationx

dgenerationx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yes your a genius thats exactly what i meant but i dont no how to fix this problem can u help me friend :)

Edited by dgenerationx, 12 December 2009 - 10:56 PM.

pspuser007

pspuser007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Do these:
Firstly, download this http://www.download3...sta-Driver.html

It says Vista but it is for Windows 7, too.

Install it. When the setup finishes restart your computer and check the sound again.

If that doesn't work, connect your headphones to the input that you have now the speakers connected.
If you can listen to the song with your headphones this means that unfortunately your speakers have a problem.

Try these and tell us what happened!

Good luck!

dgenerationx

dgenerationx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
pspuser007 your the best i thank u so much my sound has returned. just one problem tho i had to plug in the speakers to the blue input not green due to sound managers (which automatically is installed when u install realtek ac97) configuration and the sound seems to be damaged what i mean is when i play techno it works fine but when i play a song that has someone singing the voice u cant hear and and instead there squeaks badly is this somthing to do with my codecs. but i thank u so much for all your help you are the greatest :) :) :) :)

pspuser007

pspuser007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hmm, what you need to do is to go to the speaker configuration and set the speakers system to Stereo if you have 2 speakers or 5.1/ 7.1 if you have the equivalent system (5.1/ 7.1) and the sound must be ok.

Try this and tell us again.

Glad to have helped dgenerationx! :)

dgenerationx

dgenerationx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yes i have 5.1 sound so thats the configuration i have set it to. now my last problem is the sound is still squeaking badly i have visited the realtek website and they have an update for windows 7 audio codecs im goin to download it then install it and let u no what happens. pspuser007 i thank u again for all your help i realy apreciated it. :)

pspuser007

pspuser007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
No problem!

Well, do try and change the configuration to Stereo or 2.0 and tell me about the results.
Ok?

dgenerationx

dgenerationx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok i switched it to stereo 2.0 but the sound has gone but when i switch it back to 5.1 it returns i also pluged in another set of speakers which are 2.0 sterio the same result has occured again

pspuser007

pspuser007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hmm, do you have TeamViewer?
If not, download it from here:
http://www.teamviewe...iewer_Setup.exe

Install it, non commercial use and run it.
Send me via PM the ID and Password that it produces when you run it.

I will connect via this program to your computer to see some settings at the SoundCard.
Ok?

**Remember you have to leave the application open in order to allow me to connect.**

Edited by pspuser007, 17 December 2009 - 07:42 PM.

dgenerationx

dgenerationx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i sent u a message with the details :)

Edited by dgenerationx, 17 December 2009 - 09:49 PM.

pspuser007

pspuser007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I will be checking the forums for about 4-5 hours from now.
If you find me online, open teamviewer again and provide me with the ID and password again.

dgenerationx

dgenerationx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hey pspuser007 if you still cant get through to my computer using team viewer can u plz guide me what to do cause im just opening team viewer and it comes up with two sides one with the my computer details and password and second box asking for create a session is this right. and i just leave team viewer opend am i ment to do somthing and also pspuser007 how can i find out if you are online im not sure how.

dgenerationx

dgenerationx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ya man thanks :)

Edited by dgenerationx, 21 December 2009 - 01:11 AM.