Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My home network can't share internet at same time

• Please log in to reply

M2AFLA

M2AFLA

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm a bit puzzled...and need some suggestions pretty please...I have voip with Vonage, I have a desktop and a Laptop..and High Speed Internet with cable(Comcast). My Vonage adapter stopped working a couple of weeks ago. so to access the net for both the desktop and laptop I purchased a D-link 10/100 desktop switch.(disconnected the Vonage adapter) Did the connections and it worked fine. I stopped using it when tech support from Vonage helped get the Vonage adapter working again. Now a few days ago the Vonage adapter stopped working again. so I used the switch once more and now I can only access the net with the desktop or laptop, can't share the net at the same time. Each time to change from Laptop or Desktop to access the net I have to reset the cable broadband box to initiate the internet to work. I get limited or no connectivty errors. I've done the Ipconfig release and renew, clicked on repair. What do you think is wrong? am I suppose to use a hub?

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Did Comcast give you a modem / router, or is it just a modem?

M2AFLA

M2AFLA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ty Spydertubo007 for responding, Vonage sent me a new adapter, and I connected the cable modem, vonage adapter, and the d-link switch and everything is working fine, laptop and desktop are able to accees the internet at the same time with no issues.