Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download speed not as high as it used to be

• Please log in to reply

Rhineus

Rhineus

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello,

Can you take a look at my PC pit-stop test and tell me how to optimize my computer... Because it's not as fast as it used to be. I'm on dial-up and the download speed used to be upwards to 3 or 4 kbps and now I'm only getting close to 1 or 2 kbps... I'm posting my test page. http://pcpitstop.com...?conid=23082421

Thx allot
Michael

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The stop check doesn't tell anybody anything about the state of your internet connection. All it's telling me is your computer is, with all due respect, old and slow. :)
Realistically the system's five years old. There isn't really a lot you can do to speed these things up when it's money you could put towards replacing it. However current day systems don't have dial-up modems anymore as everybody's on broadband.

Switching to broadband would solve your download speed problem by a factor of ten, and then some more :)

Rhineus

Rhineus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thx anyway Neil Jones... I didn't think it did. :-)