Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading to 7

• Please log in to reply

Axelion

Axelion

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I just found out recently that some of the future game will take advantage of directx 11, that resulted in better performance in the game. Since I'm using XP Pro right now, I'm thinking if I should upgrade to 7 or not.
I'm in tight budget...I went to e-bay to search for windows 7 retail OS. Then I found out that several people sell keys for about $15 to $25. My concern is whether those keys are legit or not.
This seller came into my attention: http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item27adcf5da5
Do you think that key is legit and not just a generated key? He's the only top rated seller that sell the key for that cheap price. Others are sellers from vietnam and florida with several to 0 positive feedbacks.
Should I take a chance and buy it from him?

Edited by Axelion, 13 December 2009 - 09:07 PM.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
As far as I know, keys or serial numbers only come with genuinE products, OEM software being the cheapest. So you would have to have parated software to use the key with.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

This listing (170419772837) has been removed, or this item is not available

It's obviously pirated as it has been pulled. I understand you want the best price possible so always be careful when it seems too cheap. As a general rule of thumb, I never purchase software on eBay at all.