Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VARtec

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Our district has gone to an outside IT department to process and handle all things computer and technology. I have just been told that over the next few months VARtec will be taking our laptops and wiping them and reinstalling our systems but forcing us to use the server to save to. In effect we will no longer be able to save to our C: drive or install programs EVER again. I am pretty tech savy and have bypassed all of their road blocks to this point, but I have no idea how or what to do once this happens. Is there a way to boot up normally and NOT go into their server? I'm sure there is a way, but I need help! If this is posted in the wrong area tell me and I will happily post it to the correct board. This is my first time here.

Advertisements

Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
BTW, I have a Toshiba TABLET laptop running Windows XP. Also, from what I am told as more background information, we will have 3 different arrows on my start bar I will have one for "students", "staff", and "administration" rather than a traditional start button. Under each category will be limited access to programs.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Cincybearcatfan...

We can't help you with bypassing security enhancements put in place by your network administrators. To do so would violate our terms of use.

Topic closed.

wannabe1