Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC very slow since Trojan fix

• Please log in to reply

davidc51

davidc51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Attached is the screenshot requested.
I will look into getting a replacement HD but can't do that at the moment so I guess I will just have to put up with the poor performance in the meantime. :)
At least I can still use the machine OK.
DavidC

Attached Thumbnails

• Clipboard01.jpg

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good job but missing the important part. The window needs to be extended to the right to show the free space on the drive in the upper right window. If you could just post that information then that is all I need.
Where the C drive is highlighted just scroll tot he right and let me know what the total free space is.

davidc51

davidc51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
So near and yet so far!
Try this then
DavidC

Attached Thumbnails

• Clipboard02.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that is better, Thank you.
Now from what i see your C drive is actually not bad as far as free space with 45% free.
The second drive is getting close to being full though but this should have no bearing on the speed of the main drive.
Traveldrive i am guessing is a external drive?
The only other option I see if the speed of the main drive which could be causing the issue. The transfer speed of 7200 is good but I think the problem is the is the buffer on that drive is probably at 8mb. The newer drives are at 16, 32 and even 64 mb buffer size. This helps in the speed of the drives also.
What I would suggest is buying the drive I suggested and then cloning all the second drive to the new drive thus creating a larger capacity data drive.
Then format the current second drive and then clone everything from the main drive to the second drive thus making it the main drive.
This should give you a faster main drive and then you would make the second drive the main drive and take the current main drive completely out of the system.

davidc51

davidc51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Job for the future then - I'll put up with it until I can afford a new drive.
Thanks for your patience and help and I wish you a happy and prosperous New Year
DavidC

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The goal then is to purchase a larger hd which should be less then 100 dollars
Thanks for allowing me to help and hopefully one of my fellow techs ill take a look at this and maybe offer more advice.
Happy New Year to you and all of your family.