Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost folder - very important!

• Please log in to reply

librarydine

librarydine

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer's desktop was unusual looking and none of my normal folders were there. No worries, I thought. I would just find all my folders and put them on the desktop and reset my background. I found my main folder with most of my work in it and put it on this new desktop. When I restarted my computer, my original desktop was there without the folder i moved. Where edid it go? I have looked everywhere and can't find it. I tried to even do a system restore and it won't let me do that. Any suggestions? Where do I look. Since my comptuer didn't crash my theory is that it is there somewhere but where?

Advertisements

Johnny Tootall

Johnny Tootall

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hello,

1.I would recommend the Window's search function. did you try that?
- The Window's search function is under the Start menu.
- If for some reason you can't find the search function, try hitting ctrl+window's button + F.
If you can't find the file/folder, it may have been deleted.
I would recommend you download Recova from piriform. This will undelete any files that have been recently deleted, although the files may have a different file name.

-My computer's desktop was unusual looking
-I tried to even do a system restore and it won't let me do that

Sounds like you may have a malware infection.
I would recommend you make a new topic in the virus, spyware, trojan removal forum
but before you do that, follow these instructions.

Good luck,
Johnny