Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Monitors not working - "NO SIGNAL"

• Please log in to reply

mano2

mano2

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hello everyone!

Just found this great and helpful forum today and I would like to start with a little help request from you.

I don't know if I'm posting this into the right topic but because my problem is kinda the same as the topic starter post I decided to write here.

Okay so my problem is the following:

I have a brand new DELL Optiplex 3020 PC with nVidia GeForce 740 VGA, I have a BenQ and an ASUS monitor both have only VGA connections.

In my previous config I managed to connect the two monitors by connecting one to my external video card and connecting one to my integrated video card but since DELL is not supporting this I had to buy an external video card with multiple connections.

The card has a VGA, a DVI and a HDMI connection. The ASUS is my primary monitor so I connected it to the VGA port - works flawlessly.

I bought a VGA-DVI adapter to connect my other monitor (BenQ) into the DVI port and some strange thins happened.

First when I connected it the PC recognized it but the screen was completely black however my PC showed that I have 2 monitors connected. I can move the cursor and the icons to the extended desktop just I didn't see anything on the monitor, it said no signal.

Quickly I tried all the basic steps: restart computer, switch monitors...etc.

Results:

If I connect the BenQ to the VGA port - it works.

If I connect the ASUS with the DVI-VGA adapter - it's not working.

After restart - it doesn't matter which monitor I'm connecting with the adapter now it didn't work at all, my PC won't recognize it.

I tried searching for some kind of option in the nVidia control center but found nothing. Tried the forced detection there but nothing.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Windows Updates installed, newest VGA drivers installed (currently 353.06).

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Edited by mano2, 11 June 2015 - 08:14 AM.

Advertisements

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi Mano, please start a topic of your own, that way you will get help,  interloping on another members thread usually means you will be asked to start your own thread as here, or at worst ignored.

Nev.

mano2

mano2

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi Mano, please start a topic of your own, that way you will get help,  interloping on another members thread usually means you will be asked to start your own thread as here, or at worst ignored.

Nev.

Hello Nev,

Thanks for the advice. I opened a new topic and not long after that managed to solve my problem on my own.

I think this is what they call self education.  :D