Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

george01

george01

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Am trying to install windows 7 (64 Bit). It starts the procedure, gets to 'SETUP IS STARTING' - asks where to load too, (have set the partion to 'system' as opposed to 'logical' (is that correct))? Then goes to 'INSTALLING WINDOWS' and thro' the 5 phases ending up at COMPLETING INSTALLATION. It then reboots and asks you to hit any key to boot from CD and starts the whole process again. When I halted the process and made the system boot from the hard drive it just went to a black screen/flashing cursor although the HDD shows that there is data on it. I have left the Mobo at it's intial state and not changed anything apart from the boot priority, to start the download and then to try and boot up.

Note: At no stage do I enter the 'key code' though I presume that would be when I actually get the system up and running?

Mobo Aus M4A78TE
CPU AMD Phenom II 955 X4
300 gb HDD
Onboard Mobo graphics

I think I have listed all the relevant info.

At the moment I am at a loss where to go next? Appreciate any advice.

Thanks - George

Advertisements

george01

george01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
resolved at last.