Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TV Out Problems

• Please log in to reply

Trish

Trish

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hello....I have a Compaq Presario 2500 notebook which has TV out..... I don't have the original cable that came with compaq, so I am using another cable to try and connect to my TV.

This new cable has the seven pins to fit into the seven holes, however I cannot get it to send a signal to my TV. I have gone into the display setings and it just says that the TV is not connected....I have tried everything, but with no success.

Am I missing something????

Thanks in advance.

Trish

P.S I am not even sure if the computer came with a TV Out cable, as I am the 2nd owner.

Advertisements

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
graphics cards generaly have a utility for tvs. also, make sure the tv display is at least 490...had the same problem. turnes out i need a new tv lol.

Nixx

Trish

Trish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Call me stupid, but what do you mean by 'a utility for tvs' ?????

Also, what is 490 on the TV settings???

Thanks for your help.

Trish

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
I had a look at at the compaq website, and a search on tv out in that model yeilded this driver. look like updating it may fix the issue...
it could also be that the cable you are using isnt wired correctly.

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
most graphics cards come with an installation cd. the install should make an icon in the quickstart thingie on teh bottom right of the screen. right click on it and you will see something to the effect of display or desktop management and in there, a tv wizard. your tv manuel will give you the display.

Nixx

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
i have the same model. you plug the svideo to the tv and your laptop. then you right click go to properties then advanced then displays and hit the button next to the tv picture. also your tv has to be on input.