Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Tool Warning/Lsas.Blaster.Keylogger

• Please log in to reply

_Sian_

_Sian_

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer is infected with something..

I am getting pop ups from a Security Tool Warning. The desktop has gone completly blank/white.

I have looked at the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and would like to try some of the suggestions but seem unable to. It appears that the download occured of anything I try to download, but it does not let me run the program.

In a post that seem to have similar problems it was suggested to download and run OTL. I tried this and saved it to My Documents (because my desktop is blank, and I was unable to find the desktop area through the start menu). When I tried to run it, it appeared to open briefly and then dissapeared. A "security warning" popped up that said OTL is infected with LSAS.Blaster.Keylogger and OTL was attempting to transmit my credit card information.

I considered doing a system restore but after I open my control panel, and click on Add and Remove Program, or System for examples (or any option in the Control Panel), it appears that it is going to open but then also dissapears.

I also tried running MalwareBytes, and the same happens with it as it did with the OTL. A message pop ups saying MBam.exe is infected with LSAS.Blaster.Keylogger and that MBam is trying to transmit credit card info.

I really don't know what to try, as the things that seem appropriate are being blocked or stopped from happening. I can access the internet, which seems to increase the rate of the warnings popping up and eventually it slows right down and the only thing working is the pop ups.

Any help or suggestions that can be offered are appreciated. If any additional info is useful please let me know.

Edited by _Sian_, 18 December 2009 - 02:02 PM.

Advertisements