Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtuomonde? www.007guard.com? Trojans and rootkits

• Please log in to reply

buffalo_bill

buffalo_bill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,
I'm new here so if I'm in the wrong place please point me in the right direction :)

A couple of days ago, my computer started crashing alot, performance dropped, and I was receiving constant Zone Alarm alerts, saying : (programname) is trying to communicate with C;\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
Since then I have reinstalled zone alarm, seems to have stopped the alerts, but not the crashes and the new weird activity.

I got a random BSOD before while the computer was idle, and I've noticed that if I log into user A, then switch users and log into User B. User A logs out after about 10 minutes of use of user B. Using netstat in the cmd, I discovered something called www.007guard.com, is this malware of any sort?

I'v run a scan in AVG and it found only tracking cookies, I've done a scan in malware bytes it found nothing, super-anti spyware finds nothing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated,

[edit] I think the problem seems to be getting worse. My computer has received the BSOD 4 times in the past hour, a random pop up appeared saying do you want to delete windows? (of course i said no :) ) and doing another S&D scan showed something called "Virtuomonde" I think. I only saw it briefly as when the program began to fix, the computer closed the program, and shut itself down. :)

[edit] - its getting much worse, cpu usage is always at 100%, avast has found several trojans and viruses. SpybotS&D found heaps of spyware problems but when try to fix them it crashes. I now have a pop up at start up from RUWake saying ?????? and the only option is OK.
Can someone please help me with this?

Edited by buffalo_bill, 21 December 2009 - 07:15 PM.

Advertisements