Can't remove personal security program
Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:14 PM
Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:57 PM
Welcome to G2Go.
Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.
- Disable any script blocking protection
- Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
- When done, DDS.txt will open.
- Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.
- Save both reports to your desktop.
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:
Download the following GMER Rootkit Scanner from Here
- Download the randomly named EXE file to your Desktop. Remember what its name is since it is randomly named.
- Double click on the new random named exe file you downloaded and run it. If prompted about the Security Warning and Unknown Publisher go ahead and click on Run
- It may take a minute to load and become available.
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically only C:\ should be checked)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop
- **Caution** Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
- Click OK and quit the GMER program.
- Note: On Firefox you need to go to Tools/Options/Main then under the Downloads section, click on Always ask me where to save files so that you can choose the name and where to save to, in this case your Desktop.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users