Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

local area network problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Studio XPS 1340. I am running windows 7 (but problem preceded that). The issue:

I can connect to my home network fine, I can bring up a browser fine, I get results on queries, but when I click on one of the result links, it does not follow through...the link never completes to the url. The system says "loading" and just sits there, idling along (the little fill bar never completes).

When connecting via an Ethernet cable, not problem, when I use my Verizon USB wireless thumb drive, everything works fine as well. the links are not connecting only occur when I am connected through my local network.

I am hoping this is a "no brainer" easy fix for for one of you out there. Your comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks all