Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

local area network problem

• Please log in to reply

dcba

dcba

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Studio XPS 1340. I am running windows 7 (but problem preceded that). The issue:

I can connect to my home network fine, I can bring up a browser fine, I get results on queries, but when I click on one of the result links, it does not follow through...the link never completes to the url. The system says "loading" and just sits there, idling along (the little fill bar never completes).

When connecting via an Ethernet cable, not problem, when I use my Verizon USB wireless thumb drive, everything works fine as well. the links are not connecting only occur when I am connected through my local network.

I am hoping this is a "no brainer" easy fix for for one of you out there. Your comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks all

Advertisements