Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

having problem with sound

• Please log in to reply

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
ok i think i found the copy link and i pressed it then it says it was copied to the clipboard,i have never used that website before and i dont know what im doing,and u said to type or reply and then right click to paste.after i clicked the link nothing came up except the little window telling me it was copied to the clipboard

Advertisements

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
if there is a email i can send it to,it has that option

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We don't offer support through email or pm's.
Iam lost as to what to do from this point. I'm wondering if you have to much in attachments in your history and that is why it won't let you attach anything else.
Go to the top of the the forum window and you will see My Controls, click on it.
On the left side scroll down to the Options area and click on Manage Your Attachments
In new window on the right you will see a little box under the following message
You have 7 attachments (2% used)
or something like this.
Check that little box and then scroll down till you find the button marked Delete Selected and click it.
This should clear out all your attachments from previous posts.
Now go back and try to attach the picture from the previous post.

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
i went to delete the attachments and on this website it allows up to 2.00mb but the document im trying to send to u is 2.25mb,its just a little to big.i wish i could understand how to send it to you from that mediafire

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
that mediafire website doesnt make sense to me at all because u can upload documents pretty easily,but the way they have it set up is very confusing when you want to send it to someone else.that part makes no sense to me at all

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
http://www.mediafire...i...nqm&thumb=5

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
i get it now,i feel so stupid,now i can send any information u need now

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great work getting it to work. Now right click on the unknown device and uninstall it.
Reboot and see if windows will install it correctly. If it asks for a driver please let me know what it is looking for. Do not continue until we get the driver then.

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
ok i right clicked on the unknown and uninstalled it then restarted computer and i went to the add hardware and before it had the exclamation mark next to media and now the media is no longer there and its not saying anything about needing a driver

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
thats not a good thing because now we wont know what driver i need

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What do you mean by media it had a yellow exclamation mark?
The only exclamation mark I see is next to unknown device. Is that now not there?
Any other exclamation marks showing up now?
If not then the issue fixt itself.

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
no that yellow exclamation mark was next to media when you go under the add hardware part,it was there before i deleted the unknown under the device manager and i guess when i deleted the unknown it deleted media,i guess the media was the unknown.i have no9 idea,the sound isnt working still so it wasnt fixed unfornatetly

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
do u want me to restore the computer so i can get that back

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No do not restore. I am looking at the pic you sent and under Sound, Video and game controllers I see only one yellow exclamation mark and that is the Unknown Device
Media Control Device has no yellow exclamation mark on it.
Try going to Action and see if Scan for hardware changes is there.
If not then Right Click in the main window and one of the options should be Scan for new hardware or something like that.

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
where do i find the action part