Check my hijackthis please. [RESOLVED]
Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:37 AM
Unzip it to a permanent folder.
When your antivirus is giving an alert, do not block this. Allow the script.
Copy and paste the content of the txtfile you get afterwards in your next reply.
Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:41 AM
Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:44 AM
Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:48 AM
Also make a note of the files that ewido is alerting on to post back in log please
Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:20 AM
Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:24 AM
Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:21 PM
Please download and install the following free anti-virus
scroll down to botom of page to click download link (not the trial link!)
Allow it to scan your PC then disable Ewido whilst you run silent runners.
Then submit the silent runners log back in this thread
Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:59 PM
Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:04 AM
I'm sure we can get this one sorted without the need for a reformat, but if thats what you really want to do, remember that you need antivirus. AVG is free and very effective. Remember that if you back up your data, to check it with the anti virus before you re-install it, in case it is infected. Let me know if you want to continue with a fix or if you are going to do a reformatt.
Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:45 PM
Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:49 PM
Detect and Remove Programs:
- How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
- How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
- Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
- Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
- IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
- MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
- Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
- AntiVirus Program<= An AntiVirus program is a must! Whether it is a free version like AVG or Anti-Vir, or a shareware version like Norton or Kapersky, this is a must have.
- Firewall<= A firewall is definatley a must have. Two good free versions are Sygate and ZoneLabs.
- More Secure Browser<= Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser. There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend Firefox, however Opera and SlimBrowsers are good as well.
So how did I get infected in the first place? and AntiSpyware Net's spyware article: Spyware, Adware, Malware: What it is, how it got on my computer, how to get rid of it, and how to prevent it.
Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:04 AM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users