Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Check my hijackthis please. [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
edited

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Download Silent Runners
Unzip it to a permanent folder.
Start SilentRunners.vbs
When your antivirus is giving an alert, do not block this. Allow the script.
Copy and paste the content of the txtfile you get afterwards in your next reply.

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Alright cool thanks. Also, it pop ups 3-4 times so I'm assuming there's 3-4 different files and you want me to script all of them, correct?

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
if you get a warning it will only be one

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
What do you mean by that? Ewido pops up 3-4 times right after i clean 1 file up.

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Please see my post re running silent runners.

Also make a note of the files that ewido is alerting on to post back in log please

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Sorry but i'm confused. When my anti-virus alerts me, you want me to run silent runner, correct? How will I do that if it alerts me 3-4 times?

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
What anti-virus are you running i cannot see any running?

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I'm just running ewido

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Ewido is NOT antivirus....you are unprotected and are very lucky that you only had the infestations that you had.

Please download and install the following free anti-virus

AVG FREE

scroll down to botom of page to click download link (not the trial link!)

Allow it to scan your PC then disable Ewido whilst you run silent runners.

Then submit the silent runners log back in this thread

Advertisements

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hey, thanks for all the help man. I'm going to just format my computer, i'm fed up with all these spywares and other stuff happening to my computer. I really do appreiciate your help though, it's just that there's another pop up i'm getting from ewido, i think it's called trojan launcher or something, and I would really hate to bother you about it already. Once again, thanks.

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Hi unknown_member,

I'm sure we can get this one sorted without the need for a reformat, but if thats what you really want to do, remember that you need antivirus. AVG is free and very effective. Remember that if you back up your data, to check it with the anti virus before you re-install it, in case it is infected. Let me know if you want to continue with a fix or if you are going to do a reformatt.

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

UNKNOWN_MEMBER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hey, i just got done formatting my computer. And it's better and faster than before :tazz: . Thanks for your help. I already downloaded that virus scanner also. Thanks once agian.

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Here are some tips, to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing the following applications:

Detect and Remove Programs:
  • How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
  • How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
Prevention Programs:
  • Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
  • Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
  • IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
  • Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
Other necessary Programs:
  • AntiVirus Program<= An AntiVirus program is a must! Whether it is a free version like AVG or Anti-Vir, or a shareware version like Norton or Kapersky, this is a must have.
  • Firewall<= A firewall is definatley a must have. Two good free versions are Sygate and ZoneLabs.
  • More Secure Browser<= Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser. There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend Firefox, however Opera and SlimBrowsers are good as well.
And also see TonyKlein's good advice
So how did I get infected in the first place? and AntiSpyware Net's spyware article: Spyware, Adware, Malware: What it is, how it got on my computer, how to get rid of it, and how to prevent it.

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.