Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running hot!

• Please log in to reply

vermilionskye

vermilionskye

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I've scanned and scanned with both AVG, Adaware, Malwarebytes, cleaned temp files, did scan disk for repairs, and I'm not sure what's going on.

For the last month or so, even when I am not using anything, the laptop goes quite slow, pages drag, and my fan is constantly running hot. (I know it's supposed to run, but not like this)I can come downstairs in the morning and turn the laptop on and it immediately starts running like it's really trying to cool the machine. IE takes forever to flip through when viewing, email takes forever to load. I'm kind of at my wit's end. I know there are things we don't open, things we don't view, and places we don't go because of security risks with virii and whatnot, so it's usually not an issue.

I'm a full time student and I use this laptop for all my classes. Can anyone help?

for some reason, I'm not able to open the gmer.zip/exe file needed to scan, but I did everything else asked before posting this.

:)

Advertisements