Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unibrain firewire

• Please log in to reply

coolpool

coolpool

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I am commissioning a stereo vision system and we have downloaded the software and it works but it isn't picking up the cameras and says that it can't find the IEEE connection. We don't understand why because the PC is picking the cameras up, we bought a 1394/USB PCI combo card and we can see videos that the cameras are taking in real-time. In windows explorer it calls the cameras UniBrain, and when asking the provider of the cameras he said it's supposed to be Videre Design and not UniBrain.

Can anybody tell me what exactly UniBrain is (I have tried searching the web but nowhere tells me what it is), and how i would change is to Videre design?

Thanks,
Me

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.unibrain.com/ UniBrain makes industrial firewire cameras, they also make the guts of a lot of non industrial (and non unibrain branded) firewire cameras

unibrain is USUALLY the firewire camera of choice for experimental and development platforms require cameras