Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no power to machine

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

radarbugs

radarbugs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i was given an acer power fe desktop at work. the machine ran fine up until the graphic card went out. the guy that had been using it was the guy what does our shop drawings and he ran autocad. they got him a new hp macnine so he gave me the acer. the IT guy that works on all our machines moved back to asia but before he left he took the old graphic card out of it along with the ram memory sticks. i bought a new graphic card and 1 gig of ram and installed it but now it wont fire up. i know there is power to the psu but when i try to start it, the power light on the front blinks one time then wont do anything. i can unplug the power cord and leave it for a few minutes and retry but it does the same thing. i know there is an inline fuse in the psu but dont know where it is or what to do. any info will help.
2 year old acer powerfe
intel pentium 4 cpu
300 watt psu
dvd rom/rw

please give me some hints on how to power this rascal up. i was thinking that there may be a short some where.
thanks
radarbugs :) :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please do not post duplicate topics. This topic will be closed.