Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Router Not Working

• Please log in to reply

alineinasong

alineinasong

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a linksys router model WRT54G. Everything was working fine until the router just stopped working. The power indicator is flashing and Ethernet ports 1, 3 & 4 are lit up as is Internet. WLAN is not lit up and the router is NOT currently connected to the internet. I have tried pushing the reset button but nothing happens, regardless of if I hold it & release or simply press it. When I unplug the router, it doesn't reset, just boots up with the same lights. The wireless network is not working. Any hints on how I could reset it?

Advertisements

StewBizzle

StewBizzle

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I have bricked several WRT54G's, seeing all the lights solid consistentlyis usually not a good sign. There are a few things you can try: 1) (Easiest) Hold down the reset button while the router is plugged in for quite literally 30 seconds to 1 minute. No guarantee's with this one, but it's worth a shot. 2) Hardwire a laptop/desktop to the router, then boot it up, see if you can access the firmware (192.168.1.1 default ip address in a browser). 3) (Most Difficult) Try downloading something like DD-WRT, and see if you can re-flash the firmware directly. Refer back, and I'll see if I can't find you some directions!

Good Luck, this can get frustrating real quick.

(4) Go to Radioshack and get a Netgear equivalent for $39.99 <- lol)