Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP: Login and Theme Issues

• Please log in to reply

Draga X

Draga X

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I guess this is a simple question and it's not a BIG issue, but I'd like to get it resolved....

1. Windows XP's Welcome page is popping up now whenever I boot. I'd like to disable it so it just automatically logs me in. How could I do this?

2. Okay, on to the semi serious problem....My Windows XP theme has reverted to the classic 98/2000 style and the Blue/Silver/Olive XP themes are deleted.

I tried to get them back through Microsoft's website and when I tried to boot the XAML files, it opens up in Chrome(I set it up temporarily as a default browser since IE is soooooooooo slow!) it says xpcom.dll was not found and that I should reinstall the applicaiton. But I don't know what it is! Can I get back my themes? If so, how?

Posted Image

Advertisements