Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Impossible to find my own posts

• Please log in to reply

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Hello,

A couple of bugs that are simply driving me nuts:

1) In 'My Topics', I can usually see only the last one or two topics I've posted to / staretd, but no more. Even if I select (in the drop down menu) to display all messages from the last 365 days, I still get only my last topic.

2) The search engine (which is, BTW, not linked to on any page. You have to run a simple search first, then you get the link, and you have to save it in Bookmarks if you want easy access to it.... why?). I cannot find ANY topics by my user name ("Filter by Member Name"). I tried my login name (SOADA) and my displayed name (S.O.A.D.A.), and got 0 results.

Thanks,
SOADA

Advertisements

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 445 posts
Mouse over your Username (above your Avatar) in your post above, click ▼ to get the drop down menu, and from it select Find Member's Topics or Find Member's Posts, that will give you a list of topic's you've started or posted to.

Posting the same question several times really wasn't necessary ..........

http://www.geekstogo...ts-t263126.html
http://www.geekstogo...ts-t263125.html
http://www.geekstogo...ts-t263124.html

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Yeah, that works : )
However - aren't the other two issues still bugs?

As for the multiple copies - I'm at a loss why that happened. I only clicked the posting button once.
Now this discussion has split across two of them. Fun....

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
The double/triple posts happen when you post during the backups - it's a server hiccup, not user error. In my timezone, they occur between 3 and 3:15 am - the majority of the time that someone on the mod team is notified of multiple posts, they've occurred during the backups.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

1) In 'My Topics', I can usually see only the last one or two topics I've posted to / staretd, but no more. Even if I select (in the drop down menu) to display all messages from the last 365 days, I still get only my last topic.

2) The search engine (which is, BTW, not linked to on any page. You have to run a simple search first, then you get the link, and you have to save it in Bookmarks if you want easy access to it.... why?). I cannot find ANY topics by my user name ("Filter by Member Name"). I tried my login name (SOADA) and my displayed name (S.O.A.D.A.), and got 0 results.

1) Topics reply notifications automatically expire after 14 days without a reply. The My Topics link only shows topics with active notifications.

2) Searches default to Google Custom search because for most people the search results are more relevant. The forum search engine is available for more advanced searches. The forum search engine requires a 3 character minimum (or the search index would grow too large). Your display name (used to limit results) is seen as one character, followed by punctuation, one character...

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
No escape sequence?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sure, change your display name.

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
That's an avoidance procedure. But I guess it should work.....

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
OK, let's pick on something else.

My Controls - > Personal Profile - > Edit Personal Portal Information

I change my Personal Statement, click 'Save Settings', and I am taken to the main Forums' page. After trekking back to Edit Personal Portal Information, I still see my old Personal Statement there, not the new one.

Am I hallucinating?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
A known bug. This works.

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip