Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My browsers are hijacked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

angichiru

angichiru

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
All my browsers have been hijacked. When ever i click on any of the search results it simply redirects to other sites and finally lands on googlewebphp page. same thing happens on ie,ff,chrom,opera and safari browsers. can someone help me in removing the virus.

Edited by angichiru, 28 December 2009 - 04:21 PM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

angichiru

angichiru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
thank you rorschach112. I will do that. I have a question here. Do i need to follow the steps one by one or do i need to install system restore and then follow tfc etc..,.

Edited by angichiru, 28 December 2009 - 04:36 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
do them in the order they are given

angichiru

angichiru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
when i click on the sytemrestore.exe its showing 99% on the taskmgr but not showing up any box to create a restore points.
Here are the steps i followed:

Create a New System Restore Point:
Download SysRestorePoint to your desktop, or other location.
Double click SysRestorePoint.exe to create a new system restore point.
A box will pop up as it's creating the restore point, and provide notification when complete. When finished, close that window and exit the program.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
skip that and do the rest

angichiru

angichiru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I did install Malwarebytes software and when i install it pop ups with the error message. Please help

Attached Thumbnails

• malware_error.JPG

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Just continue on then

This area is not for malware removal so am going to close it. Post all this information in a topic in the Virus Removal forum after you have run all the scans