Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win32 net sky lime green desktop

• Please log in to reply

matthewcooke

matthewcooke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i am running windows xp. yesterday when it booted up it gave a win32net sky worm warning and then the desktop went lime green and said i must perform a full system spyware scan. i am sure that i got this from a torrent website that popped up and warned me that my computer was infected. i knew it waas fake so i hit the x button but then a while later the lime green desktop with the warning. now i notice a red circle witha an x in the lower right corner now also. fort a while i couldnt do system restore of task manager. i ran avira, ad aware, and spyware blocker. the spyware software allowed me to get the destop and task manager back untill i log out. when im connected to the web, a lot of pop ups take over randomly. i read a million things on your site about hiw to fux my problem. i tried to use something calle smitfraud but that didnt do anything i think. theres so many thing wrong i think i am just making everything worse. today i have followed the cleaning guide up to when i download mbam but it will never run. i renamed the .exe file but it always says the file cant be found and i never see it show up in the program folder. ive tried step 3 Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 5 or 6 times but i cant get it to run the program?

Advertisements